Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Card Tuesday



Well it is Card Tuesday at My Cricut Craft Room. Today we had the choice of following the sketch or making a card featuring a certain flower. I chose the flower thinking finding a carnation would be easy. Well, the only carnation I found was on 50 States and someone else from school has the cart right now. So, since I didn't have access to that cartridge and the red carnation cut, I decided to make my own. I went online and looked at several pictures of carnations. I pulled out Mother's Day Bouquet and chose a bloom with jaggedy edges. I used the next to the last key on the first row.


I cut them at 1", 1 1/2" and 2". I knew I was using copper on the card and didn't have any small copper brads. I held a small gold brad with tweezers, got the head good an hot with the heat tool, dipped it in vintage copper embossing enamel, and then heat set until smooth. I then poked the brad through the center of the layered cuts. Once they were secure, I spritzed them with a mini mister filled with water. Once the water soaked in and the fibers of the paper were loosened, I scrunched them up by hand and shaped into a flower. Needless to say it didn't come out looking like the carnation I was aiming for, but I liked the result anyway.



I used a premade card base and inked the edges with Spiced Marmalade Distress ink. I honestly believe the most versatile products I own are my Tim Holtz distress inks. If you are looking for a good value for your money, invest in some of these inks. A little goes a long way and you will find so may uses for them.



The papers I used for the flower and the torn piece are from the Bo Bunny 6x6 Country Garden Pad . They are beautiful. If you have never played with Bo Bunny before, they are an excellent quality paper. They cut well on the cricut, they tear beautifully by hand, and they ink exquisitely. Erica has the whole line. The trinkets are really nice and add a gorgeous accent. I didn't add one to this card because I was going for a more simple look and the trinkets are very elegant looking.



The thanks was cut from Don Juan at 3/4''. It was cut out of basic brown cardstock. I then covered it in embossing enamel adhesive and quickly covered the wet adhesive with Vintage Copper embossing enamel. Talk about a different effect. It looks like aged patina mixed with the copper. The green and white mottled look you get on old copper is there. I tried to get a good shot of this. It really is raised and metallic like metal, but I have never seen paper with this old metal look.



I hope you enjoyed my card. Now head over to My Cricut Craft Room to see what my design team sisters have created.
Happy Crafting!
KathyJo

1 comments:

planlady19 said...

kathy very nice.. love the metal look ..

Post a Comment