Friday, June 10, 2011

Operation Kitchen Renovation aka Trying Not to Cuss Out the Hubby

Well, the kitchen remodel is well underway. All of my upper cabinets are gone as well as some of my lower cabinets. Two of my four walls have no sheetrock and the other two are missing part of the sheetrock. We are living out of cardboard boxes which wouldn't have been hard a few months ago. We used to eat out so much that cooking wasn't an issue, but we have stopped eating out. I have been cooking everyday. That may not sound like a big deal to many of you, but I have been known not to use my stove for weeks at a time. It was the big joke that I had to ask my sister to define skillet. My idea of cooking was frozen pizza or hamburger helper. My kids are in awe. I keep hearing what would Aunt Margie say if she could see you. Or I hear, "Wow! You really can cook." I am enjoying all the veggies I am cooking, but I remember why I stopped cooking. When you cook, you have to clean the kitchen. The only thing I do less of than cooking is cleaning. I have washed more dishes and wiped the counter down more in the last two weeks than I had in the last two months. I guess this means you can teach an old dog new tricks.

I will try to post a few pictures of my torn apart kitchen soon. This is going to be a long summer since most of this can't be done until we get paid for summer remediation. That means many of the supplies can't even be purchased until July 15th. It will be wonderful once it is finished, but it will be a long road getting there. I hope my hubby survives.

1 comments:

Heart2hand said...

Kathy Jo...Remember to count to 10 before saying anything you may regret...lol. I'm sure the renovation will be gorgeous when it's finished and well worth the sweat equitiy that went into it.

HUGs
rhonda

Post a Comment