Thursday, June 7, 2012

Theme Thrusday at My Cricut Craft Room

It is Theme Day Thursday over at My Cricut Craft Room. This week's theme is teacher appreciation.I had to pick today. I am a teacher. Actually I had two fun teacher appreciation projects to share with you. The first uses Word Collage. You can find it here in Erica's store and it is on sale for $20. This is a great price for this cart and I keep finding uses for it. Our high school mascot is the Buccaneers. Our band is known as the Big Red Buccaneer Band. I used the layer option and took Buccaneer off of the layer I was cutting in black vinyl.I added the letters to the layer I was cutting in red vinyl. I cut each layer separate and used transfer tape. The base is a scrap piece of 1/4 plywood that I painted white. The easel to hold it was from the Dollar Tree. The band director loved it and it is proudly displayed in his office. He told me, :This is so much better than a tie with music notes on it". It made me laugh. I have also made these for the art teacher using the collage with artist and two English teachers using the Shakespeare one and the Jane Austin Collage. It you don't have scrap plywood, you can buy 12x12 ceramic tiles at your local home improvement store for under $1.


The kids refer to the band director as "The Williams." We made this bouquet using Don Juan letters and the music notes from Hannah Montana. The die cuts were hot glued to kebob sticks and stuck in floral foam. I tucked red tissue paper between them. The basket is a paper treat holder that came in a six pack at Dollar Tree. These were fun easy goodies that will be enjoyed for a long time.

Hope you enjoyed these goodies. Now head on over to My Cricut Craft Room and see what my design team sisters have created for you.
Happy Crafting!
KathyJo

3 comments:

Jen R said...

Both great projects!!! I love how you used the Word Collage cartridge and thanks for the great ideas. I have a few friends that are teachers and would love to do this for them. :)

Unknown said...

What a great project and gift Kathy Jo. I love how you used the 2 color vinyls. TFS Mary
http://Mary-fortheloveofart.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

I had never even considered buying Word Collage. I may need to rethink that.
Lisa
MCCR DT
http://skrappindiva.blogspot.com

Post a Comment