Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Monday Magic on Tuesday

Okay, several weeks ago I came up with this bright idea to do Monday Magic. To take what I already have and show how to use it in a new way or show how that little something extra gives a project that extra magical touch. Well, my Mondays didn't stay straight, so I haven't done it since. I am now going to start doing Monday Magic whenever I feel like it. It might be once a week, it might be once a month, and it might even be on Tuesday. I wanted to showcase how the same product can be used to produce really different looks. This past weekend I was part of a wonderful hop over at My Cricut Craft Room. I was trying to get my projects ready and had a brain bubble. I made two card fronts without Cricut cuts for a Cricut Hop. I made new ones using the same products and want you to see how just a few good supplies can go a long way.

 This card was for rain showers. I looked at the stamps and wanted it to feel like storm clouds swirling, but with the contrast of dancing pushing the sunlight through. I grabbed my Tim Holtz distress inks and went to town with the stormy sky and wild honey' I used Artic Ice stickles and Stardust Stickles.
I wanted this card to have the feel of a sunny lazy spring  day. I used the same Stormy Sky and Wild Honey inks to create a completely different feel.

These are the two cards I had in the hop which also used Stormy Sky, Wild Honey, and the same color stickles. 
 This one even uses the same sentiment stamp.
I always hear people say the key to a fabulous project is having fabulous papers, but these are all just plain white card stock. Fabulous papers are great, but for me the key to a fabulous project is making what I have work for me. So, pull out your distress inks and play. You never know what you might come up with.
Happy Crafting with Monday Magic on a Tuesday!
KathyJo

1 comments:

Gramjak said...

I love yoUr comment about makIng what you have work for you! These cards are absolutey GORGEOUS!

Post a Comment