Welcome to My Cricut Craft Room's
100 Cricut Cartridge Blog Hop
You should have started at http://mycricutcraftroom.blogspot.com/ if not please start at the beginning
Make sure to follow Erica's blog so you will know when she has contests, prizes, challenges, swaps & special online coupons.
Currently she is running a Scrapbook & Card challenge over on her challenge blog and you can win a gift certificate to her webstore! http://ericascraftroomchallenges.blogspot.com/
Don't forget to comment along the way on all of the blogs today and tomorrow to be entered to win the Cricut cartridge that Erica is giving away today.
Winners will be announced on her blog on Tuesday!
I am using two different cartridges today. The first is Old West. I use this cartridge a lot for baseball things. The flourish font reminds me of the Texas Rangers lettering, but today I actually used it for something a little more western. I was flipping through some old photos and came across these pictures of Nick riding a mechanical bull at the Louisiana State Fair several years ago. I hope you enjoy the layout.
I cut the Ride'em from page71 at 2 1/2" first with the flourish key and then flourish shadow.
The sign was from page 67 using the rope key at 3". The steer is from page 34 using the icon key at 3".The badge is page 59 icon key at 3" and the skull is page 62 icon key at 3".
The next cartridge I used was Hannah Montana. Hannah Montana is not usually something I would think of as having much to do with Tim Holtz other than the fact that they both love Disneyland. I used the Hannah cart to make some tags using Tim Holtz products.
This tag was created by first using a foam blending tool lightly inking around the edges with Victorian Velvet distress ink. Then I used the distress ink to ink a Tim Holtz stamps and moved it around to create the floral design at the bottom of the tag. I used Ranger Archival ink in Sepia to stamp the sentiment. The butterflies were found on the Hannah Montana cart on page75 using the music key and shift and cut at 1" from kraft card stock. I bent the wings up slightly and then glued down with Scotch Quick dry Adhesive. I used Liquid Pearls to embellish the bodies.
This tag was created by using a blending tool to ink the edges with Vintage Photo distress ink. Then I used Broken China distress ink and a Tim Holtz stamp to stamp the swirls and flourishes. I used the archival ink in Sepia to stamp the sentiment. The birds were cut from the Hannah Montana cartridge pg 77 from kraft card stock. I glued the birds downs and then used my finger to coat them in rock candy and broken china Distress Sickles. One of the things I love about distress stickles is you can dry them with your heat gun and they won't smoke like regular stickles.
This tag was created by first cutting the butterflies from adhesive vinyl. The butterfly was found on pg75 and I cut two at 1 1/2" and one at3/4" using the pop princess key. I then weeded them which means I removed all the extra vinyl. The little cut outs had to be removed and the vinyl around the butterfly. Make sure you use the re-positionable or indoor vinyl. I then adhered the butterflies to the tag. Make sure you rub them down very well. I took Tim Holtz distress stain and rubbed it over the tag and vinyl. I let it dry and then removed the vinyl butterflies. This allowed the color of the original tag to show. I sprayed it with some pearl glimmer mist just to give it a little shimmer.
Next you should go to Candice's Blog. The whole line up is below in case you get lost. I hope you enjoyed these little goodies and will come back often.
1. Start My Cricut Craft Room http://mycricutcraftroom.blogspot.com
2. Sharon http://simplysweetbysharon.blogspot.com
3. doris http://mybugandmecreate.blogspot.com -
5. pattie http://sweetpsscrapbooks.blogspot.com
6. heather f - http://www.papercrafteranonymous.com
7. Sue-ann http://suzyssimplecrafts.blogspot.com
8. claire r http://www.threewaterscreations.com/
10. Ericas’ Project http://ericasprojects.blogspot.com
11. Miranda http://www.nanasscrapspot.com
12. heather e http://pinkpunkcosmo.blogspot.com
13. gloria c http://craftnthings.blogspot.com
14. Vickie M - http://stayathomemomof2inohio.blogspot.com
15. lisa carrier http://ourcraftingcorner.blogspot.com
16. claire s http://www.scrapmyway.blogspot.com/
17. Deirdre http://glitteredroses.blogspot.com/
19. Shelley http://shelley-scrapbookingforfun.blogspot.com/
20. Cheri http://cheribug-lovincricut.blogspot.com
21. kathy jo http://skrappindiva.blogspot.com/
22. Candice http://stampinpearls.blogspot.com
23. Sara W - www.craftingwithsarah.blogspot.com
24. Erica’s Blog candy http://ericasblogcandy.blogspot.com/