Sunday, March 4, 2012

A Card, Yes you read that right... a card!

Okay, I don't consider myself a card maker. I have decided it would be beneficial to become a card maker and keep some cards on hand. I was doing some blog surfing this weekend and came across one of the best blogs I have visited in a while. It is My Cricut Craft Room: Erica's Craft Room . There is so much going on at this blog. Daily postings, Challenges, Swaps, and more... I decided to create the card for their current card challenge. I used two cartridges to make this card: Forever Young, Twinkle Toes, and Cricut Craft Room Basics. The two actual carts had never been used. They were still wrapped in the plastic shell. They probably still would not have been used it it were not for the free Cricut Craft Room. I went into CCR and started designing the card. It is really an easy program to use. Anyway... I laid out the card and then did the cutting. When I was looking for a rectangle with rounded corners, I found one on Twinkle Toes. I was looking for a person or animal to put on the card and found one in Forever Young. I was excited, because I was going to use not one but two carts I hadn't used before. It is one of my goals to use my cricut more.

Those of you that know me know I LOVE Echo Park papers. I wanted to use the Be Mine collection again they are great papers even though it is not Valentine's Day. I cut out the individual layers. I made the base out of Recollections black paper, as well as the lady and the word. Once I had it all layered, I added some black diamond and diamond dust stickles. What do you think? Head on over the Erica's blog and join the challenge yourself.
Have a super week and check back soon. I will be posting things more often.

0 comments:

Post a Comment